Mu Cang Chai is a district of Yen Bai province, about some 300 km north of Ha Noi, in the northeastern region of Vietnam. The place is home to the H’Mong and Thai community. For the place being about 1000 meters above sea level, the steep hills make it almost impossible to grow rice fields like those in the delta. Thus local residences grow their own rice on the terraced fields, for the purpose of preventing water from flowing downhill. These terraced fields lying among rugged green mountain valleys, under clear blue sky or a mysterious and crips fog, bring to eyes an imposing scenery. During harvesting season, ready crops transitioned to yellow, while new crops still remain in their green color. The scenery is a big attraction to photographer and trekkers. Mu Cang Chai’s the most beautiful seasons are waterfall season on May to Jun and the harvesting season on September to early October every year.
Day 01: Hanoi – Nghia Lo Town (Yen Bai Province) (Meals: L/D):
Morning pick up from your hotel in Hanoi, driving time around 3 – 4 hour to Yen Bai Province. On the way, you will stop at the village to see the tea farm.
Continue drive to Nghia Lo Town, overnight in home stay.
Today, you are flexible on the way with stops to take photos of beautiful scenery.
Day 02: Nghia Lo – Tu Le – Mu Cang Chai (Meals: B/L/D):
After breakfast, you are ready for Tu Le by moving on Khau Pha Pass (one of the top 4 pass in North of Vietnam to enjoy amazing scenery.
Having lunch on the way with local restaurant (Tu Le area)
After lunch, continue driving to Mu Cang Chai. You will be stop at La Pan Tan and Che Cu Nha Villages which having the best scenery about terrace fields.
Arrive Mu Cang Chai, check in guest house and having dinner
Day 03: Mu Cang Chai – Hanoi (Meas: B/L):
Morning time you are free to enjoy the beautiful scenery of Mu Cang Chai valley.
Have lunch here before check out room and driving back to Hanoi.
Arrive Hanoi around 18.00– 19.00. Trip end
PRICE PER PERSON IN USD:
Normal price: 385USD/Pax for group of 2
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Private car
- Accommodation: 1 night homestay, 1 night guest house.
- All entrance tickets to sites indicated in Itinerary
- Complementary bottles of water on bus
- Meals with Vietnamese Cuisine
- Entrance fees
- English Speaking Tour guide during the trip
WHAT IS EXCLUDED
- Beverages, Tax, Insurance.
- Tips, Personal Expenses & those not clearly mentioned above
- Pick up and drop off outside Hanoi center.
- Itinerary is subject to change upon weather conditions
- Doctor and Pharmacy are not available.
- Cancelation policy confirmed by Go Asia Travel
WHAT TO BRING
- Sun block, sport shoes, hats, umbrella, camera…
- Cash for personal expenses