We start the day (8.15am) with a welcome drink at Hai Café
(98 Nguyen Thai Hoc Street, Hoi An Ancient Town, Tel: 3863210) – our meeting point.
Visit Hoi An’s colourful market, and experience the amazing sights, sounds and aromas of this busy market. We will have the opportunity to interact with the local sellers and learn about all the ingredients to be used in the cooking lesson later.
We board the Red Bridge boat for a leisurely cruise (25 minutes) along the Hoi An River to the Red Bridge Cooking School. This is a chance to view local river life, so make sure your camera is handy.
On arrival, we explore the cooking school’s herb garden, before learning about some of Hoi An’s and Vietnam’s well-known dishes. The cooking lesson runs for about 2 hours – the Red Bridge chefs first demonstrate each dish before we prepare the same dish ourselves. Included in the class is a brief introduction to Vietnamese food carving (plate decoration). After the lesson, we sit down and eat what we have cooked.
Bring your swimsuit and after the cooking tour has finished relax and enjoy free use of our 20 metre swimming pool – towels and showers provided.
tour finishes at 13.00.
Price: 34 USD/1 person/group-joining tour
if you prefer a private tour, please email us
- Rice paper (making)
- Fresh Rice Paper Rolls of Shrimp
- Crispy Hoi An Pancakes with Shrimp, Herbs, Bean Sprouts & a Peanut Sauce
- Seafood Salad with mixed Vietnamese Herbs served in Half a Pineapple
- Vietnamese Eggplant in Clay Pot
- Food Decoration - Pineapple Boat, 3 Coloured Flowers & Vietnamese Hand Fan
- Vegetarians are provided with replacement ingredients.
Lunch includes the above meals as well as:
Steamed Ocean Fish on a bed of Fresh Vegetables (not included in the demonstration).
- Welcome drink (non-alcoholic) at Hai Scout Café.
- Welcome drink (non-alcoholic), and 1 water at Red Bridge.
- Local English speaking tour guide and chef.
- Boat trip.
- Cooking demonstration and lunch.
- All recipes and notes.
- Transfer from Red Bridge Cooking School to central Hoi An.
- Free use of the new Red Bridge swimming pool (towels & showers provided).
- Full payment is required at the time of booking – no refunds.
- Taxis are available back to town / beach area for around US$3-4 per car.
- No child prices.
- Cooking tour operates everyday of the year.
- Tour is conducted in English.